All of our initial consultations are 100% FREE & Confidential. Fill out this form to request a FREE Consultation.

Free Case Review - (508) 203-6600

What Should I Do If I Have Been Injured In A Car Accident?

If you have suffered an injury following any type of motor vehicle accident ― including those involving cars, truck or motorcycles ― the first thing you need to do is dial 911 and call the police.You should also seek necessary medical attention as soon as you are able, even if you only suspect you have suffered an injury. In addition, you should exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver.Things you should NOT DO, however, include:

  • Making a statement to the other person’s insurance company about the accident
  • Taking money or making arrangements to take money from the other driver
  • Avoiding medical attention

It is also very important that you do everything you can to protect yourself and your rights after an accident. For instance, you should always speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as you are able.

Contact Goldberg & Weigand, LLP, today to schedule a FREE initial consultation with one of our experienced lawyers. Since we handle car accident injury claims on a contingency fee basis, you will not owe any attorney fees until we win your case. You can call us 24 hours a day at (508) 203-6600, or email us online. While we have offices in Hyannis, New Bedford and Boston, we can also meet with you in your home or in the hospital, wherever and whenever it is convenient for you and your family.

Who will pay my medical bills?

When you are the victim of a car accident, whether you were the driver or a passenger, the insurance company covering the vehicle may be in the position to pay for at least a portion of your medical bills. Massachusetts insurance law requires that Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage be included as part of every motor vehicle policy issued in the state. However, specific coverage limits can vary based on policy deductibles, whether you have health insurance or even the type of health insurance you have.

Unfortunately, however, it can sometimes be difficult to get what you need even from your own insurance company. We will work with your medical providers to get your medical bills paid through PIP insurance, as well as coordinate any health insurance or other benefits you may have.

What if I am unable to go back to work right away?

If your injuries from the accident are serious enough to prevent you from returning to work for a period of time, you may be entitled to recover a portion of your lost wages through your vehicle’s PIP coverage. We will coordinate the recovery of your lost wages to the extent your insurance policy allows, and we will work with your employer to get the documentation required by the insurance company, as well as to determine what your employer’s policies are regarding sick and vacation time.

If you have any concerns regarding your rights and legal options following a motor vehicle accident, contact us to speak with a skilled lawyer. We will provide you with easy-to-understand answers to all of your personal injury questions.

Falamos Português